The Veteran Research Project at VeteranResearch.org assists you in learning more about U.S. Military Veterans. We offer many resources to aid in your search and provide the opportunity to add a Veteran into our research database to be researched.
Adding a Veteran into our database is a simple process and requires basic information. Additional information can be entered, but is not required. We do not ask for Social Security Numbers or any sensitive data.
Submitting a Veteran into the Research Database
Information asked for when submitting a Veteran into the research database:
- Veteran’s Name: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Maiden Name, Nickname(s), Is the Veteran deceased?
- Military Service: Branch of Service, Dates of Service (ie: 1975-1982), Rank (Officer, Warrant, Enlisted), Units, Locations, Wars they served in
- Images: Ability to upload up to four images of the Veteran
- Additional Information: Add any other information you feel is important to help in the research
- Contact Information: Your Relationship to the Veteran (ie: Father, Sister, Son), Reason for the search (learn more about the Veteran or learn more about the units they served in), Your first and last name, your email address
Resources for researching Veterans
We have many resources to help you research Veterans who served during the following eras: